Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Barack Obama


"Every American ought to celebrate tonight." - Karl Rove

I agree. This is a historic night. Congratulations to Senator Obama and all who have supported him - he has made history tonight.

Republicans are hanging their heads tonight - they deserve this defeat. Republicans, led by President Bush, have had their chance, and America was not impressed. Now the Democrats, led by Barack Obama, will get their chance and Republicans have no one to blame but themselves.

With an Obama victory, so many questions remain unanswered but I do not support the prognosticators of gloom and doom, they have misery as their company. No wonder Obama, with his message of change and hope, won this historic election - for Americans are a hopeful people at heart.

I continue to be proud of this great country and proud of our heritage. We have many things to be hopeful for, regardless of our ideologies. As I went to cast my vote today, a sense of incredible pride and patriotism came over me. I was proud to be a citizen of this great country. I was proud to be able to exert an influence, though small it may be, over the direction our great nation will take in the coming years. So very few people in the world have that privilege.

Good luck President-elect Obama and God Bless America.

No comments: